Wednesday 6 July 2016

Introduction

So here we are.

What is a non-writer doing in a subject relating to the 2016 Bendigo Writers Festival?

Perhaps it will be fun and I know I will undoubtedly learn something. But... Will it be confronting? Will elements make me feel uncomfortable? Will I be left doubting my general competence in just about everything?

There is an aspect of wanting to test my boundaries and to challenge myself. The program looks stimulating and something remarkable to engage with, be inspired by, and allow me to learn something new about myself and the world around me.

I look forward to the insights that will come. Those little a-ha moments that will in some way - small or large - give me a new awareness, is what makes learning and living fun.

To be honest I am looking to an opportunity to reinvigorate myself. My decision of a few years back to undertake study as a mature aged student has resulted in some invaluable experiences, there have been moments good and other moments that are best described as ho-hum, but it has most definitely started to drag.

So I want to indulge - perhaps even allow myself to over indulge - in all that is on offer. I shall gorge on the literary, imbibe the intellectual, and fornicate the syntax.

Welcome to my account of the feast!


No comments:

Post a Comment